Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is looking for an experienced Business Manager to manage a building for our institutional clients. As a key member of Common’s Sales team, you’ll drive leasing and property services efforts with an eye toward the home’s budgets as well as member experience. As the primary contact to owners, success in this role requires razor-sharp analytical skills as well as a high EQ. This role will report to the Senior Director of Property Management.
- Act as the primary point of contact to property owners.
- Prepare annual operating budgets and perform budget projections for all properties.
- Ensure all required weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports are completed accurately, on-time, and with relevant analyses
- Work with stakeholders to implement effective cost control, revenue maximization, and delinquency management systems.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of all your properties and their competitors.
- Ensure your buildings perform to targeted performance metrics.
- Utilize online accounting systems, including but not limited to approving large purchase orders and annual contracts.
- Responsible for member experience at the building handling escalations and ensuring all member tickets are solved within the set SLAs through the management of Resident Coordinator at the building if present
- Work with centralized teams to drive leasing efforts ensuring that we’re hitting our budgeted revenue targets
- Responsible for hitting renewal targets at the property
- Assist in ensuring that all work orders and repair requests are processed in a timely fashion
- Drive local member experience through events and member delight efforts
- Responsible for driving local marketing strategy
- Walk properties daily (vacant apartments, common areas, amenities, and grounds)
- Assist on all emergency situations
- Assist central teams with all requested tasks
- 8+ years experience in Property Management
- 4+ years experience in Leasing
- Demonstrated success and experience managing a growing team
- Comfortable working with leases
- Extreme level of empathy and ability to connect with people from all walks of life; ability to balance a passion for making people happy while setting expectations that will scale
- Previous sales experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time
- Self-starter that’s comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment and able to make smart decisions quickly using both data and strong emotional intelligence
- Experience working cross-functionally with a demonstrated ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.