Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the role
Common is seeking a Community Manager Trainer to ramp up new Community Manager hires in properties across our portfolio. As a key member of Common’s property management team, you’ll be responsible for developing training and development programs for Community Managers across our portfolio. You will also serve as a Community Manager in new properties as needed. This role reports to the Manager of Property Transitions.
- Build, lead and continuously update the Community Manager new hire training program to ensure new hires are onboarded in an engaging and effective way
- Deliver effective trainings for all new Community Managers with the aim of driving down ramp up time and increasing Community Manager effectiveness
- Develop a robust and metrics-driven ongoing Community Management training program
- 50%-75% travel to our markets to ramp up Community Managers as needed
- Serve as the interim Community Manager for properties as needed
- When serving as an Interim Community Manager, you will be:
- Responsible for member experience at the building handling escalations and ensuring all member tickets are solved within the set SLAs
- Handle account receivables issues that come up for members at the property
- Work with our centralized legal and billing team on delinquencies and evictions
- Assist in ensuring that all work orders and repair requests are processed in a timely fashion
- Responsible for driving local marketing strategy
- Walk properties daily (vacant apartments, common areas, amenities, and grounds)
- Assist on all emergency situations
- Assist central teams with all requested tasks
- 4+ years experience in Property Management
- 2+ years in a training capacity
- Comfortable working with leases
- Extreme level of empathy and ability to connect with people from all walks of life; ability to balance a passion for making people happy while setting expectations that will scale
- Previous sales experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time
- Self-starter that’s comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment and able to make smart decisions quickly using both data and strong emotional intelligence
- Experience working cross-functionally with a demonstrated ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.