Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
- Understand the operations of the business from A-Z and partner with relevant operations teams (sales, customer experience, repairs and maintenance) to identify opportunities for process and performance opportunities and execute against them
- Build specs for new feature requests, maintain documentation, and project manage Salesforce developers on the implementation of these projects
- Seek buy-in from and train relevant operational teams on new tools and processes
- Maintain systems for all operations teams, addressing bugs as needed and managing tasks related to new home openings
- Use data to make decisions and inform the prioritization of a cross-functional project roadmap
- Working with our Salesforce developers to automate processes or implement a new tool or integration - this might be anything from a series of automated emails to a referral program to building out a new app for our field teams
- Tracking trends in member satisfaction metrics on a monthly basis to report to stakeholders
- Researching and onboarding external vendors/softwares to support a new operational process at a home such as managing guest parking
- 2+ years of work experience in business operations, project management or strategy consulting
- Track record as a problem solver with an entrepreneurial mindset and experience self-learning new tools
- Ability to use data sets to extract business insights or make practical recommendations
- Clear communicator with the ability to gain support for new initiatives across teams through effective change management
- Strong project manager who can effectively manage self and others against deadlines
- Salesforce experience required, preferably administrative and/or technical
- SQL experience a plus
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.