Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking a talented Graphic Design Intern to support our Marketing team. This person loves to create beautiful things for print, walls, screens, and enjoys using powerful visuals to tell a story. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to do involved multidisciplinary work at a company redefining our expectations for shared living. The internship is paid.
- Work collaboratively with Common's marketing team to bring concepts to life across print, social media and marketing platforms
- Transform Common’s value prop into stunning visual representations for both B2B and B2C audiences
- Collaborate with outside brand partners to create collateral for cross promotional partnerships
- Ad hoc assistance in designing landing pages and sales collateral for growth marketing
- Design visually compelling presentations for pitches, capabilities decks, and more (Google Slides, Powerpoint, InDesign)
- Proficiency in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- A good understanding of typography
- An interest in the current brand marketing and social media landscape
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stake-holders both internal and external
- Bonus: Photo and video editing experience
- Bonus: HTML/CSS knowledge
To apply, include a link to your portfolio and/or a PDF of your best work
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.