Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
We are looking for an Office Coordinator to oversee administrative office duties of our NYC + remote offices. The Office Coordinator will be someone who is proactive, organized and who can connect the dots and anticipate needs. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and is willing to be a team player in an environment with lots of moving pieces. Staying calm under pressure and thinking quickly is key. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start their career in Human Resources.
This is a non-exempt hourly position based out of our NYC office located near Grand Central Station and will report directly into the People Operations Business Partner, HQ.
- Stay informed and help develop protocols on building compliance, including NY fire safety standards and NY COVID regulations as it pertains to office visits by staff members, vendors, reentry plans, and safety
- Be the face of the office by greeting all office visitors and handling all internal deliveries
- Coordinate logistics for internal and external meetings
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchens and common office spaces
- Manage individual and office expense reconciliation + vendor management
- Be a champion of employee culture + engagement; including planning executive offsites, company wide events, and assisting with wellness events and initiatives
- Assist with conference room bookings for internal and external meetings
- Manage and maintain all company-wide calendars
- Handle all office management duties, such as ordering supplies + equipment, and office snacks
- Responsible for shipping of new-hire swag bags and setting up desk stations, working with IT for any equipment needs
- Assist with our remote HQ2 based in Atlanta on a needs basis (ordering supplies, etc.)
- Assist the People Ops team with other projects and reporting needs as requested
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time and based on business needs
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- You are a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- You have exceptional discretion and are comfortable handling multiple tasks at once
- You are self-motivated and are able to manage and prioritize tasks effectively in a fast-moving environment
- You are highly organized and detail oriented and have the ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- You are curious and excited about HR
- Prior office manager experience preferred but not required
- You have a BA (or equivalent work experience) and have experience working in a professional environment.
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.