Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding it’s reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly and expanding into multiple new cities in 2021. We are looking for ambitious, self-motivated business people to be the next generation of employees turning housing into a consumer-focused industry. This is an entry to mid-level Inside Sales position critical to our business in ensuring that we present Common’s homes as a premier option within one’s housing search.
- Serve as the account owner post-tour (mid-sale) through lease signing
- Follow up with leads post-tour while positioning Common’s suite of brands as a premier option
- Clearly communicate the relevant qualifications and application process for our homes
- Become an expert on our portfolio of homes and services
- Effectively negotiate with leads using our given rates and inventory
- Tracks key metrics such as conversion rates and room inventory velocity
- Manage a high volume pipeline of leads to effectively close towards a given quota
- You have had consistent, sustained success with 1-2 years of sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant years of experience
- You are interested in building a career in sales and/or real estate
- You are comfortable selling over the phone, on video calls, or in person
- You are comfortable working in environments where you don't have specific directions are able to take initiative and carve out a path to success for yourself
- You don’t believe in settling and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You are highly-results oriented and want to make a direct impact on our business
- You are hungry for success and motivated by meeting and exceeding targets and goals
- You have demonstrated emotional intelligence and can tailor our message to respond to prospect’s specific circumstances
- You are be able to demonstrate both a consultative and aggressive selling style if need be, and can tailor our value to respond to prospect’s specific pain points and challenges
- Your schedule is flexible and are willing to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong work ethic
- Consultative sales
- Whatever it takes attitude
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.