Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding it’s reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
As the People Operations HR Manager, you will be an integral part of the People Operations Team with a focus on Common’s corporate employees, which includes everything from onboarding to engagement initiatives, coaching, performance management, employee relations, training, and development. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who is excited about supporting our growing business and ensuring all employees and managers have the support and resources they need.
Communication and collaboration will be key for this role as you will work very closely with the rest of the people team as well as our cross-functional partners across the operations organization. You will also be critical support for our employees, handling confidential questions and concerns quickly and effectively. This role will report to the VP of People Operations.
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding process for all corporate employees which include making recommendations and process changes to scale this process
- Provide advice and coaching to all corporate employees on all employee-related issues such as performance management, documentation, career development, employee relations and policies, and procedures
- Own and administer employee initiatives around engagement, retention, career pathing, training, and development for all corporate employees at Common
- Own the company-wide performance review process via Lattice and make changes as needed to scale the process
- Provide excellent customer service for corporate employees and promptly address questions and concerns
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor HR processes to ensure continuous improvement and enhancement of employee experience
- Oversee our corporate office functions, including the management and development of our office managers.
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Manage immigration cases as needed
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- You have been working in an HR capacity for a minimum of 5+ years
- You’re highly organized, meticulous about detail and accuracy and get excited about process improvement.
- You have a strong ability to independently make well-informed decisions and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you.
- You are a scrappy and resourceful problem solver and can adjust to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- You are a team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- You hold a BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.