Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding it’s reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is hiring a talented Construction Assistant Project Manager to manage the construction close out and furniture installation process in our new homes. From upholding Common’s interests in time and quality, to procuring and managing our directly sourced vendors, this role will be responsible for delivering on our quickly expanding pipeline. Common’s development partners are responsible for the majority of the general construction of our homes. It will be your job to ensure that our homes are opened successfully, including close out of punch list, commissioning of our low voltage systems, and overseeing all FFE installation. As the Construction Assistant Project Manager, you will report directly to the the Construction Project Manager.
- Uphold Common’s Brand Standards and quality expectations through site inspections, sign offs and best practice documentation
- Manage the punch list close out process with the partner GC, including coordinating inputs from other Common internal stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with the Procurement Team to ensure on time and on budget delivery to site of all furniture, and the on time and on budget opening of Common homes
- Oversee the FF&E installation process at the Common homes, including communicating and managing installation contractors, cleaners and contracted labor
- Ensure the smooth and successful handover to Common operating teams
- Create project specific scopes and schematic layouts for access control, WiFi and camera systems
- Contract and manage Common’s directly engaged subcontractors
- Create and manage project schedules and budgets
- Manage client expectations and overall satisfaction with project outcomes
- This role is primarily based on the project sites, and includes travel to new home locations around the country. Travel is typically 2-3 weeks at a time and occurs regularly, as determined by the project schedules
- Other duties and ad hoc projects from time to time and based on business needs
- 2+ years construction project management experience either as a client or GC
- Experience within the residential, hospitality or retail sectors is preferred
- Experience with construction quality control, project scheduling and cost reporting
- Experience negotiating and managing vendor contracts
- A keen love of organization and prioritization, working across several projects at a time
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude but will ask for help when needed
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) and a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees’ needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.