Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding it’s reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking a Senior Salesforce Technical Architect who is excited about building the engine that will fuel day-to-day operations at Common. You will work closely with stakeholders across our Home Operations, Real Estate, Design and Construction, and Digital Product organizations to advance the capabilities of our Salesforce and technology platforms, provide technical direction for projects, and ensure the platform and projects are successfully archiving the desired business outcome. You will contribute to the full project lifecycle from planning to inception through to testing and rollout and will heavily influence architecture, solutions, and the final design. This role will be part of our Digital Product team and report to the Chief Technology Officer.
The ideal candidate is someone who is a self-starter that can identify opportunities to streamline, automate, and build tools for scale. You will be expected to track new developments in the Salesforce platform and continually research and learn on your own in order to arrive at creative and effective solutions to problems that are thrown your way. You should be excited about tackling messy problems and have the ability to balance extreme attention to detail with quick implementation and iteration. Above all, you must be a team player who can work successfully with multiple stakeholders and provide mentorship to other members of the team.
- Partner with stakeholders to translate their business needs and priorities into Salesforce solutions
- Supervise and support our Salesforce developers and ensure they are building sustainable and scalable long term solutions
- Dive into our Salesforce infrastructure to identify opportunities to create a more stable, less error-prone environment
- Work with our software engineering team to identify integration opportunities with our homegrown proprietary property management platform
- Develop proof of concepts and prototypes
- Proactively seek out, identify and implement necessary system changes and improvements
- Identify technical design risks and develop mitigation strategies
- 8+ years of software architecture or engineering experience
- 3+ years of Salesforce development and architecture experience
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering enterprise-scale CRM or ERP solutions
- Experience delivering projects with privacy, security, compliance, and regulatory constraints
- Comfortable expressing complex ideas in easy-to-understand ways
- Salesforce certifications preferred. eg. Admin Certification (ADM 201), Advanced Admin (ADM 301) or Developer (DEV 401)
- Experience working with business stakeholders as well as software engineers
- High emotional intelligence, empathy, self-awareness, and optimism
- Strong communicator, collaborator, and relationship builder
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) and a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.