Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States and receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is looking for a reliable Porter who can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, while also delivering a high level of customer service. The Porter will be responsible for maintaining the visual appeal of the community spaces through daily cleaning and upkeep. The ideal candidate for this position has a positive attitude and is dedicated to making each member's experience within the building as pleasant as possible. This role will report the Manager of Housekeeping Operations.Responsibilities
- Clean and maintain pristine cleanliness of lobbies, hallways, restrooms, elevators, stairways, and other common areas including washing, dusting, polishing, etc.
- Maintain common area floors including, wash and wax hard surface flooring, vacuuming carpets and rugs, washing carpets and rugs, cleaning tile grout, etc.
- Maintain common area walls, windows, and doors including, wash and clean, and washing windows
- Maintain common area lighting which involves changing light bulbs
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas
- Empty all trash receptacles and transport trash to the disposal area
- 90% of job will be dedicated to cleaning duties and 10% dedicated to light maintenance duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1+ years prior experience working as a Janitor, Cleaner, or Porter in a hotel or apartment building or similar environment that requires good hospitality and customer service skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work with little supervision
- Polite with experience working in a customer service environment
- Excellent time management skills and work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and be on feet for extended periods of time
- Light maintenance knowledge is a plus
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, paid parental leave and a 401K. Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, a fully stocked kitchen, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.