Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States and receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
We are looking for a groundskeeper reporting to our Maintenance Supervisor who will ensure the physical aspects of our communities are maintained. This Groundskeeper will create a standard regarding the grounds, amenities and overall curb appeal.
- Inspect the community throughout the day to remove litter, debris, and pet droppings and ensure all common areas and amenities are neat and free of litter at all times and in safe condition
- Remove trash and remaining items from vacant apartments prior to starting the make-ready process, transfer trash to dumpster or storage area as applicable, and clean and maintain storage areas
- Maintain, service, clean and properly store equipment
- Cut grass, maintain lawn, trim around trees, walkways and markers
- Complete assigned minor and routine service requests as requested by Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager, and assists the Maintenance Technicians in the turn process
- Inform appropriate supervisors of any observed hazard or potentially dangerous situation for members, teammates, guests and others
- Demonstrate customer service skills by treating members and others with respect, answering member questions, and responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services
- Proven experience as a groundskeeper or porter
- Must be physically able to carry and lift up to 35 lbs., and climb stairs on a multi-terrain property. Outdoor conditions will impact the majority of job tasks; must be able to withstand various temperatures and conditions
- Employees must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring devices
- High School diploma, GED or related experience and/or training
- Professional Certifications (e.g. CMRP, EPA/Universal, HVAC certified, etc.) are preferred
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.