Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States and receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly across the country. We are looking for a personable and self-motivated critical thinker to join our team as our members' main point of contact for questions related to their life at Common. If you join our team, you’ll play an invaluable role in setting the tone of every members' experience in Common. This is an entry-level position with strong career development and the opportunity for growth within the organization.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all inbound member inquiries, responding to all member inquiries in a timely manner via email and phone
- Draw on the broad knowledge of our homes and services to address member issues, often working closely with the Property Services, Legal, and Finance teams to resolve issues and relay important information to members
- Manage communications around member onboarding and offboarding
- Play a critical role in completing the feedback loop between members and the Design, Construction, and Development teams
- Support the Real Estate and Sales teams in coordinating home tours for prospective partners
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience working in customer service, hospitality, client relations or account management self-motivated and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme level of empathy and ability to connect with people from all walks of life
- Ability to balance a passion for making people happy while setting expectations that will scale
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time
- Comfortable using Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites)
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud is a plus!
- Able to think critically about how our team can continually improve the member experience
- Rotating evenings, weekends and holidays are expected
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.