Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding it’s reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is looking for a motivated, mission-aligned person to join the Brand Marketing team and support our PR and strategic partnerships program. Reporting to the Associate Director of Brand Marketing, the Partnerships Manager will work closely with multiple teams across the company to complete two goals:
- Maintain a steady drumbeat of positive stories about Common in the press
- Source, execute, and report on key partnerships that help drive new members to Common’s lead funnel
This person will work with the Associate Director of Brand Marketing and act as both the partnerships project manager and PR representative.
- Pitch and secure media stories about Common from both a B2B and B2C perspective
- Maintain Common’s media + partnership lists
- Serve as the expert in selling Common’s value proposition both to media and potential partners
- Help define what it means to be a Common brand partner and how Common serves to benefit from partnerships
- Assist in structuring, negotiating, and managing brand partnerships for Common’s consumer-facing business
- Lead cross-functional project management of partnership integration and execution with teams like Procurement, Member Experience, Finance, Legal, Sales, and Design
- Vet and manage inbound requests from journalists and potential partners
- Work alongside the content team to turn Common’s existing member and lifestyle content into press stories
- Optimize existing partnerships to drive new members to Common’s lead funnel and provide value-add benefits to our residents
- Maintain and monitor key performance metrics for press and partnerships, providing regular reviews with senior leadership internally
- BA/BS Degree
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in a brand marketing function like PR, communications, or partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to pitch and secure media placements for brands
- Strong track record of managing media and partner relationships
- Interest in building a new programs and processes from the ground up
- Consumer product industry background preferred
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.