Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States and receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is looking for a Community Manager to manage our homes in Indianapolis. As a key member of Common’s Sales team, you’ll drive leasing and property services efforts with an eye toward the home’s budgets as well as member experience.
- Utilize online accounting systems, including but not limited to creating and approving purchase orders and invoices
- Assist with budgeting, financial reporting, and tracking. Each month you will be responsible for producing a variance analysis of the property’s performance
- Ensure Maintenance Staff are prioritizing and managing work orders
- Ongoing management of a staff that includes Maintenance Superintendents, Maintenance Techs, and third party trade partners dedicated to keeping the property in top condition
- Implement a preventative maintenance plan to ensure all building systems and grounds are well maintained, conform to building code, and relevant regulations
- Conduct regular inspections of the buildings and grounds to ensure quality appearance and efficient operations.
- Provide and maintain accurate record-keeping of all maintenance requests
- Maintain and manage all documents to ensure Noah is compliant with all local laws and regulations. Stay up-to-date with tenant/landlord regulations as they relate to evictions
- Help suggest improvements and fixes to make our Property Management process run more efficiently
- Assist with rent collection and delinquency process including legal
- Assist with renewal process and process received renewals
- Oversee move in and move out process
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- A minimum of 1-2 years as a Residential Property Manager
- 1-2 years of leasing experience
- Bachelor's' degree or equivalent work experience
- Current Indiana Real Estate Salesperson License
- Working knowledge of building system
- General knowledge of Section 8 procedures
- Strong knowledge of fair housing rules and regulations
- Good understanding of the nuances of local property regulations
- Comfortable with technology such as cloud databases, word processing, spreadsheets, database management programs, and property management software (preferably Yardi)
- Experience bidding out contracts and capital improvement projects
- Ability to support and/or manage the eviction process
- Strong leadership and mentoring ability
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills with a keen attention to detail; organized, methodical approach to execution
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change and provide feedback for process improvement