Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States and receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking an Accounts Receivable Coordinator to join our growing Finance team. This position will be responsible for all billing and receivables, as it relates to our Real Estate partners. The AR Coordinator will work closely with Real Estate, Operations, and Legal to manage invoicing and collections. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, is detail-oriented and organized. This role will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Set up new customer records, process sales orders and generate invoices
- Deposit checks, record and apply payments in Netsuite
- Collaborate with the Implementation team to generate invoices for new home openings
- Generate monthly aging schedule and reconcile Accounts Receivable
- Follow up with delinquent accounts to collect payment
- Work with Real Estate and Legal, as necessary, to resolve severely aged accounts
- Make recommendations for bad debt allowances
- Coordinate with real estate partners and bank contact to set up property bank accounts before home opening
- Ad hoc projects from time to time
- 2+ years of billing or accounts receivable experience; Real Estate industry experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Emotional Intelligence
- Scrappy and resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.