Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States and receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to reporting to our Managing Director of Real Estate who will own and analyze Common's B2B lead generation.
- Partner closely with other functional leaders (RE Accounts, RE Product, Brand, Consumer Marketing) to execute your strategy alongside our large team of account managers
- Develop, implement, and measure the success of Common-branded programs and events to expand Common’s real estate network
- Measure and track the success of all integrated growth marketing initiatives, and deliver insights to help improve programs, nurture leads, and increase the top of the lead funnel
- Own the following marketing channels:
- Own and analyze Common’s B2B email marketing program including bi-weekly newsletters, audience segmentations, A/B testing, campaign automations, and more
- Establish and maintain a conference/awards and sponsorship strategy that drives qualified B2B leads and creates greater affinity for the brand
- Develop and distribute growth marketing materials including case studies, white papers, digital ads, and custom landing pages
- Develop strategic ad campaigns around targeted groups and markets, track conversion rates
- Identify and execute on creative partnerships and activations to differentiate Common as an innovator and increase brand awareness with real estate investors, developers, and owners
- Collaborate with the brand communications team in developing strategic content themes, and amplify PR announcements to drive new leads
- Create and maintain a database of Common real estate statistics
- Evangelize/educate the real estate sales team on the collective marketing plans while collaborating real estate leadership on critical metrics, budget, and forecasting
- 6 to 8 years of experience in B2B marketing, ideally with experience targeting both SMB and Enterprise accounts
- Fluency and experience across all relevant B2B marketing channels and tools, including digital, conferences / events, content marketing, and email marketing
- Proven success in driving leads to the top of the funnel, with a strong focus on measurable results and metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree required
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.