Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States and receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly and expanding into multiple new cities in 2020. We are looking for ambitious, self-motivated business people to be the next generation of employees turning housing into a consumer-focused industry. This is an entry-level position critical to our business in ensuring that we transact all leases with a high degree of compliance and fidelity.
- Ensure all leases are processed properly and in a timely matter, with a focus on the details
- Communicate with applicants in a timely manner, as needed
- Manage and track pending deals to ensure that nothing falls through
- Compile leases to a high degree of accuracy
- Process finance and background checks for prospective members
- Work with our development team to provide feedback on processes and dashboards to support leasing activity for homes
- You have 2+ years of administrative and/or customer service experience (real estate preferred but not required)
- You are self-motivated and thrive under pressure, and a stickler for details
- You are highly organized and have a knack for prioritizing and multitasking
- You are a strong communicator and are comfortable in difficult conversations
- You are comfortable working in environments where you will be able to take initiative and carve out a path to success for yourself
- Your schedule is flexible and will be willing to work weekends and evenings if need be
- Real Estate license is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Salesforce and Yardi Voyager preferred, but not required
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong work ethic
- Consultative sales
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.