Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 35 buildings, 6 cities, and over 1,000 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 4,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working everyday to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
- Tour prospects through new homes or existing homes. Determine the sales strategy associated with filling a new home vs. existing homes.
- Be an expert on all available products in a region - new homes and existing homes. You should be comfortable speaking about the differences between homes, and able to match/sell the right home to the right prospect.
- Weekly goal setting and demand generation. Determine priority of vacant rooms, based on a number of competing objectives. Communicate those priorities to marketing and inside sales to produce demand against that inventory.
- Work with our development team to design tools and dashboards to support leasing activity for homes.
- You have 2+ years of sales experience (real estate preferred but not required).
- You will be able to demonstrate both a consultative and aggressive selling style if need be, and can tailor our value to respond to prospect’s specific pain points and challenges.
- You are comfortable working in environments where you will be able to take initiative and carve out a path to success for yourself.
- Your schedule is flexible and will be willing to work weekends and evenings if need be.
- Ability to travel to support new home openings in other markets
- Emotional intelligence, coachability and a strong work ethic
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, paid parental leave and a 401K. Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.