Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through co-living and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 30 buildings and 6 cities. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 4,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-starters, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is seeking a Business Operations Analyst to join an exciting new company initiative. We are looking for an enthusiastic and data-driven problem solver. This role will involve significant cross-functional collaboration across Construction, Finance, and Operations.
Common is growing rapidly and expanding into multiple new cities and verticals in 2019. The Business Operations Analyst is a critical role to support the launch of a new initiative. This person will be involved in the foundation building for the new initiative with a focus on Construction, Finance, and Operations-related projects, which could lead to significant growth opportunities as we build out this team. This role reports to the VP of Platform.
- Understand, analyze, and adapt in-place business systems for a new initiative
- Partner with the Construction, Finance, and Operations teams to create new processes that move the needle for the business
- Identify key metrics and maintain required reports, proactively identifying improvement opportunities through rigorous analysis
- Manage systems for the Operations, Finance, and Construction teams, constantly looking for revenue enhancements or cost savings that can be derived from changes to process flows and introduction of automation
- 2+ years of work experience in business operations, project management, finance, or strategy consulting
- Track record as a problem solver with hands-on experience leading software implementations
- Ability to use data sets to extract business insights or make practical recommendations
- Experience with CRMs (preferably Salesforce), ticketing systems, and business intelligence dashboards
- SQL experience a plus
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, paid parental leave and a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.