It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is looking for an Assistant Property Technician to join our growing Property Services Team. A successful candidate in this role will wear multiple hats and cover a wide range of activities on the property, such as general maintenance, cleaning and repair for our members (“residents”). Common takes exceptional pride in providing a high level of service to our members, and as a part of this team, we expect you to do the same. This role reports to the Regional Director of Property Services.Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance functions in the building, including rental units, residential common areas, grounds and parking lots. Maintenance duties may include but, are not limited to:
- Interior/exterior maintenance
- Care of the outside of the building including roof repairs, snow and leaf removal as needed
- Light electrical, plumbing and HVAC work
- Appliance evaluation and repair
- Other carpentry/aesthetic work as needed
- Schedule and oversee vendor work, when assigned
- Perform cleaning tasks in accordance with the property’s prescribed daily schedule. Cleaning duties may include, but not limited to:
- Window cleaning
- Cleaning of all amenity spaces including walls, windows floors, stairwells and elevators
- Empty trash cans (must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.)
- Keeping outside spaces clean from debris by regularly sweep sidewalks
- Watering plants outside the property and on the roof
- 5 years experience as a handyman or 2 years as a superintendent
- Basic electrical and plumbing experience
- Honesty - you will have access to our property so honesty and integrity are key
- Ability to work independently and utilize technology to communicate with the team
- Ability to identify areas for improvement, and not afraid to speak up when you have an idea
- Flexibility - this is not a typical 9-5 job. There may be times when on-call status may be required. You must be available to provide and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Some basic tools will be available for use as well as specialist power tools but having your own tools is desirable
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.