Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Perform maintenance functions in the building, including rental units, residential common areas, grounds and parking lots
- Complete all resident and site work orders as directed
- Schedule and oversee vendor work, when assigned
- Complete and submit all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintenance duties may include but, are not limited to:
- Interior/exterior maintenance
- Care of the outside of the building including roof repairs, snow and leaf removal as needed
- Light electrical, plumbing and HVAC work
- Appliance evaluation and repair
- Other carpentry/aesthetic work as needed
- Perform cleaning tasks in accordance with the property’s prescribed daily schedule
- Cleaning duties may include, but not limited to:
- Window cleaning
- Cleaning of all amenity spaces including walls, windows floors, hallways, stairwells and elevators
- Empty trash cans (must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.)
- Keeping outside spaces clean from debris by regularly sweep sidewalks
- Watering plants outside the property and on the roof
- Inform Building Property Technician of status of activities and suggest solutions for issues encountered
- Perform special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Building Property Technician or Property Services Team
- Represent yourself in a professional manner with members, visitors, and other employees
Requirements + Skills
- Honesty - you will have access to our property so honesty and integrity is key
- Excellence - you are the best cleaner you or any of your friends know and proud of it
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to identify areas for improvement, and not afraid to speak up when you have an idea
- Flexibility - this is not a typical 9-5 job. There will be times when on-call status may be required
- You must be available to provide and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Must wear the prescribed company uniform at all times during working hours.
- Tech Savy - you must be able to use time and work management tools and applications on your mobile device to update work orders, log your hours and send updates to the team.
- 3+ years of experience required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
Some basic tools will be available for use as well as specialist power tools, but having your own tools is desirable. This role is a non-exempt position.You must be available to work up to 40 hours per week and provide a flexible working schedule.This job is located in Crown Heights.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.