Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Work closely with internal Real Estate team to design and analyze homes in our pipeline. This includes conducting testfits and feasibility studies in parallel with a financial pro forma across a wide array of housing typologies.
- Since Common is not the AOR for our homes, you will collaborate with our partners’ architects to ensure quality of the brand through advisory and review. This includes schematic programming, layouts, coordination with local architects, drawing review, writing specifications, FF&E design, and construction administration. Unlike the experience one would get in a traditional firm, the job will not include production of drawing sets or formal exploration.
- In addition to project-specific design, we are constantly refining and challenging our model for shared living. Through architecture, we strive to create buildings in which community transcends anonymity? To optimize our designs with feedback data from other teams, you will be verbally and visually communicating ideas through diagramming and illustrations to fold architectural thinking into our brand.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture required
- 2+ Years of experience in an architecture/design firm required. Internship level experience accepted
- Professional experience in residential design is strongly preferred and portfolio must demonstrate experience or thinking in housing or residential design.
- Professional experience with US city approvals (code or zoning) preferred
- Eye for interior design and finishes preferred
- Proficiency in Rhino, Autocad, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign required
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and comfortable supporting ideas with both qualitative and analytical reasoning
- Candidate must be very organized and be able to multitask across large number of projects with various deadlines
- Candidate must be a continuous learner who enjoys researching, testing and implementing best practices
- Candidate must be a direct and proactive communicator who can be independent but ask questions when needed
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.