At commercetools, we are:
Engaged: We didn't become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
Inspired: We continually explore what's possible. As the founder of the headless commerce concept, the leader in true composable commerce, and the visionaries behind MACH® — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software. And we are just getting started!
Valued: Intelligent, resilient, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of care.
commercetools’ represents the collective work of numerous teams; each team building a fraction of the overall platform to create a singular, powerful platform for our users. The Special Delivery team focuses our energy on enabling all these teams, building in their own way, to deliver high quality software to the world.
- Communicate decisions and actions effectively and asynchronously to the team
- Assist team members proactively and with priority
- Act as a consistent source of knowledge and counsel for other engineers
- Foster a culture in which the team feels psychologically safe to openly share their opinions
- Start and execute a technical Request for Change (RFC) process to evaluate several alternatives, lead a decision, and collect feedback along the way
- Take leadership roles as part of an incident management team
- Use systematic debugging to diagnose all issues within the scope of their domain
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of SRE experience
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python, Java, or Go
- 2+ years of experience mentoring and supporting team members
- Familiarity in driving architectural discussions and initiatives across teams
- Experience providing high-quality code reviews to peers and junior engineers, both on and off the team, for development efforts critical to the team
- Experience running production workloads in a major cloud provider (Azure and AWS or GCP)
- Experience using IaC tooling (Terraform or Kubernetes)
- Comfortable writing automation tooling in Golang
- Strong time management skills
- Written and spoken English communication skills
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
💰 Competitive compensation package: Generous compensation structure consisting of salary, competitive stock option package, various benefits and perks
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.