commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
We are currently looking for an exceptional commercial lawyer who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment to join our growing Legal Team. To succeed in this position, you must be able to work independently and efficiently. Your role will be responsible for various legal-related matters involved in selling our products, partnering with other teams in commercetools, and ensuring our own people have the best information and tools when doing their jobs. Your focus will be to support the Go-To-Market teams, lead legal negotiations with our customers and give advice at all levels of the organization. We also make sure we have some fun along the way!
- Support the complete lifecycle of contracting with our enterprise customers, including review of NDAs, support of sales during RFPs (request for proposals), and negotiation of customer agreements
- Review and update commercetools standard agreements and templates in response to changes in law, new business positions and evolving market conditions
- Provide strategic legal and business advice on contract-related issues to a rapidly-growing and high-performing sales organization, and other teams within the Go To Market organization
- Develop and maintain company wide contract playbooks with guidance on standards, fallbacks and provide pre-approved alternative clauses
- Provide training to our global sales organization to encourage collaboration and understanding across the business
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial, open source, IP, privacy, employment, and other laws, regulations, and developments to be able to give the most effective advice
- Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
- Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
- Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
What you need to succeed:
- Qualified lawyer in Germany
- 2+ years of commercial transaction experience, preferably including know-how in addressing contractual/legal issues in the fields of SaaS, cloud, data security, privacy (GDPR) and intellectual property matters
- A confident, effective and positive negotiator who can lead the process, focus on important issues, and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in an environment that is constantly expanding and changing as we grow our business, learn more about our customers, and figure out what works best and what doesn’t.
- High integrity and excellent judgment, supported by a point of view that is thought out and communicated well.
- Experience supporting a high volume Sales organization with commercial contracting matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- Ability to draft documents, policies, emails and anything else in a very precise manner, while still being concise and digestible for non-lawyers. It’s a cliché, but attention to detail really is a must.
- Process-driven in order to automate and scale as the business grows
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse workspace with an open, international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.