commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
As Head of Product - Experiences and Extensibility, you are responsible for driving the vision and strategy for creating enjoyable experiences for developers and business users alike. We are looking for a user-focussed leader, who can drive meaningful innovation to position us as a thought leader for cloud enterprise software that is easy to use and extend.
We believe that product and UX strategy are best thought of together, instead of being separated and siloed. As Head of Product, UX/UI designers and Product Managers report to you.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Drive the vision and strategy for stellar developer and user experiences, aligned with the overall company and product vision, and rally the teams in the product group behind it
- Work with the group's Product Managers on quarterly roadmaps and their delivery
- Decide on high-value investment opportunities for extensibility and usability and provide strategic guidance
- Advocate for customer and user-centricity in the group and establish practices to support those values
- Drive product marketing, messaging, and thought leadership for the domain in collaboration with the Product Marketing and Employer Branding teams
- Lead, manage, and coach Product Managers and UX/UI Designers and support their professional development
- Work with the Head of Engineering and Lead Agile Coach in your product group to make the vision become reality
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum two years of experience working as a product manager or as a UX/UI designer with a strong research background
- Thought leadership: Anticipate market trends for extensibility and experiences and drive innovation
- Solid knowledge and experience in product discovery techniques, and empathy in communicating with customers, users, and team members
- You are able to balance risks and innovation to create value
- Experience working in an agile environment and in collaborative decision making
- A high degree of customer and user orientation
- Domain knowledge in developer and business user tooling
- Experience working with technical teams on an API-first product
- A High degree of organizational skills, and the ability to stay on top of multiple long-running initiatives in parallel
- Strong people, leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Finding joy in public speaking or writing on technical topics
- Hands-on experience in using API-based products
- Knowledge of distributed systems, SDKs, frontend or API extensibility
- Previous experience managing a team of Product Managers, Analysts or UX Researchers
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.