commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
As Solution Engineer, you are the technical pillar of our sales team and will support us in the distribution of our innovative eCommerce platform, primarily in the EMEA region. In addition, this Security Specialist role allows you to focus on information security, data protection/privacy, operations, and be the team lead in the region. You will work closely with partners and potential customers, convincing their technical decision-makers and making sure that our solution scenarios meet customer needs at 100%. This role also serves as an information security liaison with the corporate security team.
You have a background in Software Engineering and a deep understanding of the eCommerce industry? You are communicative and do not hesitate to speak with the tech teams, CTOs, and decision-makers of potential customers on equal terms? Then we’re looking forward to your application and your support to make our cloud-based API the world's leading eCommerce platform!
- Responsibility for all technical questions on the sales team
- Presentation of the commercetools platform (architecture and functional scope) and participation in follow-up sales meetings to discuss and finalize technical questions with our customer's tech teams and/or CTOs
- Support of any customer opportunity involving operations, information security, and data protection/privacy, whether through written response or leading presentations
- Collaboration with the Operations and Security teams at commercetools to provide a best face to the customer
- Development of convincing customer-specific answers in the technical part of Requests for Proposal/specifications
- Conception, implementation, and presentation of our demo stores and customized sample solutions
- Problem solver with a high ambition to deliver quality work
- Team player with a high self-motivation and very pronounced hands-on and “can do” mentality
- High-level technical understanding of the MACH (Micro-services, API first, Cloud Native, Headless) principles
What you need to succeed:
- 4+ years of professional experience in technical consulting or management, as a Solutions Engineer or Solution Architect (ideally in commerce/retail, eCommerce, ERP, Web CMS, PIM or other related areas) with a proven track record of success
- Fluent in English and German
- Prior experience in a similar role, or customer-facing security roles (e.g. consultant, DevOps, or similar)
- Specific industry experience around retail or large enterprises and their security needs
- Very good, practical software skills (no matter if studying or self-taught "on the job")
- High tech affinity and a highly self-motivated to gain more knowledge, especially in the context of web, cloud, and retail technologies
- Understanding of customer requirements and problems and "translating" them into product features and modern software architectures
- Detail oriented and process-focused with continuous improvement of procedures, and effective sharing of knowledge and ideas
- Working knowledge of the CIA security triad: confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Confident appearance (up to C-level) with high customer orientation and excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
💪 Our differences make us stronger
We believe that our diversity makes us a stronger team. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to fair hiring practices regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements
Are you ready? Come grow with us!