commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
Our Solutions Specialist is a leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. This person will interact with the sales team to architect the solution, and develop and execute solution strategies for the market, including managing solution opportunities to obtain appropriate and necessary resources for all qualified opportunities. They will lead teams in the sales process for establishing market visibility and deal visibility, and may provide training to field sales teams on the industry and solutions we provide. This person will present and/or demonstrate our solution to high-level clients and industry conference attendees, building and maintaining a strong network and up-to-date industry and product knowledge in the process. The nature of this work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical and business skills in the area of specialization.
We have 4 levels of Solutions Specialist at commercetools, so if you have more or less experience than described, please don't hesitate to apply, and we will adjust the role accordingly upon an offer.
- Be an integral member of the team to identify and qualify business opportunities and develop a strategy to resolve technical matters
- Articulate the vision of commercetools to our prospects in making the best use of our cloud-native, microservices-based, API-first technology, and headless platform
- Advise and guide our customers in developing their future technology and e-commerce stack on top of commercetools
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices
- Own the technical relationship with commercetools prospects, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources
- Help understand the business value of new features for our customer’s business cases
- Collect and communicate customer input and requirements for the new feature development into our Product teams
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams to deliver expertise and help our customers reach their goals
- Support our customers in growing their business on top of our platform
What you need to succeed:
- At least five years of experience in technical consulting, training, pre-sales or other customer-facing tech roles, previous consultative selling experience preferred
- Recent and relevant retail or eCommerce experience is required
- A blend of business and technical knowledge to work with multiple types of customers
- A confident and convincing approach with a high degree of customer orientation
- Willingness to travel, but like you, we don't know what this will look like going forward. We're flexible in how we think about this, and an ideal candidate will be as well
- Ability to communicate and present information in a professional manner to people at all levels
- Structured and effective working style, both independently and in a team
- Team player who loves to work in an international and growing tech company with onsite as well as distributed team members across the globe
What can you expect:
As a member of our U.S. team of commercetoolers, we are proud to offer the following:
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Generous time off package including PTO, parental leave, company holidays, sick time, and volunteer time off
- Compensation benefits including 401K company match and an annual professional development stipend
- Opportunity to make an impact within commercetools and our community by joining our DE&I Committee, Engage the Change, or our Culture Committee
- Opportunity to work with a major technology leader and disruptor in the growing e-commerce space
- Great team of smart, hardworking, and fun team members who work with a mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility, and evolve together
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
We believe that our diversity makes us a stronger team. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We hope to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!