commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
The Senior QA engineer role-plays an important part in our team and product development process. We are looking for someone to take the lead on all QA activities.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Collaborate with our Developers and Product Managers to create test plans and write test cases that align with the development process
- Collaborate in all development phases (design, implementation, and delivery)
- Think creatively and help the Development team identify problems early in the development process
- Manually test product features to ensure quality product delivery when automation can not be achieved.
- Create automated end-to-end test cases and integrate them in the deployment process.
- Setup test automation suites to increase test efficiency
- Write clear and effective defects and work with Developers and Product Management to ensure proper remediation
- Writing clear and effective load test scenarios
What you need to succeed:
- At least 3 years (ideally more) of testing experience with large scale applications
- Experience with automation best practices and development tools
- Experience testing APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience integrating test cases into a build chain involving Kubernetes and CI/CD tools like CircleCI or GitHub Actions
- Experience testing UIs, including testing with automation tools such as Cypress
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge sharing, the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies and concepts
- Experience with security testing is a plus
- Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
- Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
- Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.