commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
We are looking to hire an experienced Technical Writer with strong technical proficiencies that has a genuine interest in SaaS, APIs, and writing to join our growing team.
We are proud of our product and its documentation. We have created a modern commerce platform from scratch with amazing capabilities: A cloud based API as a service, enabling any imaginable user experience. Our platform is used by global clients that operate a complex technical architecture with high degrees of customization and optimization. Our dedicated team makes our technology easy to understand: We create tailored reference documentation, tutorials and articles enabling our customers to build fast and robust solutions.
Please note that for this role, you can work from one of our offices in Berlin or in Munich. Also, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Conceptualize, structure and create the documentation of our product.
- Continuously expand and improve the documentation in sync with our continuously deployed and improved product releases.
- Collaborate with other teams and departments across the organization to craft new and improved content driven by user needs and real-world use cases.
- Work with streamlined feature development teams of Product Managers, Front- and Backend Engineers and Designers to contribute to all aspects of a feature’s written artifacts, from UI text, to user guides, to API reference documentation.
- Support and enable developers to provide good initial product documentation for new functionality.
- Create consistent example usage scenarios that ease the initial understanding of the functionality and its underlying concepts - based on these, crafting tutorials and other step-by-step material.
- Mentor and train junior Technical Writers.
What you need to succeed:
- Previous experience working with a modern documentation technology stack (Markdown, static site generators, Git and a docs-as-code approach).
- Familiarity with or previous experience working in an Agile, Continuous Delivery development environment.
- You are able to form complex technical concepts into clear and concise natural language.
- Attention to detail and precision.
- You are highly organized and able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects.
- Proactive and social in reaching out to colleagues across the company, both in person and remotely.
- Own vision and creativity in selecting the right medium and form to convey the information most effectively.
- You have successfully mentored/trained junior Software Engineers or Technical Writers.
- Excellent English, both written and verbal.
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.