This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We are looking to grow the team with a commerce technology enthusiast based in the DACH region (ideally Germany or Switzerland).
As an Commercial Account Executive (m/f/x), you will be responsible for selling the value of our commerce platform to B2B and B2C Enterprise and Upper Mid-Market accounts in the region.
Working closely with a team of experts and partners to disrupt the traditional commerce technology market, you will be responsible to deeply understand business/commerce challenges and goals of our prospective customers and educate them on a new approach for building better commerce experiences.
You will be an active contributor in the sales team with a direct impact to our business growth.
- You will be responsible for developing a well qualified qualified sales pipeline within a set of Target Accounts
- Communicating the value of commercetools' solutions to C-level executives and other senior enterprise decision-makers and buying personas
- Conducting discovery and executing on the sales process to uncover the needs of large, enterprise companies
- Developing a strategic plan for your set of Target Accounts to meet revenue objectives
- Timely and accurate updating of data to ensure the accuracy of our management reports
- Create a winning team of internal and external resources to work on opportunities together
- Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
- Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
- Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
What you need to succeed:
- 7+ years experience in commerce or related complex SaaS technology solution sales
- Excellent communication (interpersonal and presentation) and closing skills, and have successfully applied these in previous sales roles
- Embodies an authentic and consultative approach
- Organisational skills and attention to detail are important alongside the ability to prioritise in a fast-paced ever changing environment
- Structured way of working
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Comfortable working up to 100% remotely and being able to create an emphatic and meaningful relationship with stakeholders remotely
- Certified and religious adoption in MEDDICC, Value Selling, Command of the Message sales methodologies
- Curiosity to uncover
- Collaborative approach to teamwork & creativity to succeed
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Fruit baskets and kicker tables were yesterday - check out our benefits here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse workspace with an open, international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.