This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative (DACH) to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to develop new business opportunities by contacting and building relationships with potential customers. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in developing leads from marketing campaigns. You will use your communication skills to establish strong relationships with our future customers. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
Are you driven, hardworking, and eager to launch your career in a high-energy, collaborative business and work environment? We want to talk to you about joining our team.
We're able to consider candidates based in either London, Munich or Berlin for this position and we are offering a hybrid working model between office and home.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns and develop them into sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through phone calls and emails
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Present our company to potential clients
- Engage with potential clients at our regular industry-leading events
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Stay up to date with new products /services and new pricing /payment plans
- Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
- Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
- Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
What you need to succeed:
- Business fluent communicator in both English & German
Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration or similar
- Previous professional experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Development Representative or another relevant outbound sales role
- Hands-on experience with regards to utilising multiple sales techniques
- A strong track record of successfully engaging with prospects
- Experience with Marketing Automation and CRM software tools e.g. Hubspot and Salesforce
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse workspace with an open, international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.