This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
Our Cloud Infrastructure team leverages Terraform and GitOps to automate the deployment and maintenance of our global infrastructure. We work to continuously build upon our platform by closely collaborating with other SRE teams and backend developers. Whether it’s new services to improve customer experience, or handling the ever-growing pool of customers on the platform, we are tasked with optimizing our systems to meet these needs. We facilitate new service rollouts and maintain and expand existing multi-cloud environments, all while ensuring the infrastructure is secure.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Participate in pair programming and knowledge sharing sessions
- Automate cloud infrastructure deployments and maintenance
- Implement monitoring to ensure security standards across cloud environments
- Active participation in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Work closely with development teams
What you need to succeed:
- Knowledge of industry standard security practices (CIS, Vault)
- Experience running production workloads in a major cloud provider (AWS, GCP)
- Experience using IaC tooling (Terraform)
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable programming in Python or Golang
- Experience with Kubernetes and familiar with the ecosystem
- Experience with databases and web services
- Analytical mindset
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.