This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
Team work is the most essential ingredient of our culture, as an Engineering Manager you will complement one of our tech teams in our goal to strive for self-organisation. Following our leadership culture, you will facilitate them to drive decisions. You act according to our simple principle: We are people not resources.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Your team’s health is your first priority
- Work with amazing people on a 1:1 level
- Support your team members in their personal development and growth
- Knowing the landscape of the team’s domain to support and consult in personal and team related questions
- Budget and personal responsibility for engineering roles within your team
- You live and breath for our tech vision and consult the engineers accordingly
- You actively develop with your team
- You can count on your working environment - Engineering Managers of other teams, Tech Leads, Agile Coaches, HR Business Partner and the CTO
What you need to succeed:
- Leading people in a tech environment
- Passion for teamwork
- An excellent level of soft skills - most importantly empathy
- Comfortable raising issues to drive changes
- Great self-assessment mastery
- Applied experience in software development and understanding of software architecture
- Being comfortable with managing backend and frontend development with a tech stack of Scala, React running on k8s using MongoDB and Elasticsearch
- Passion for software design and architecture with a heart in automation
- Experience working within an Agile environment with focus on the customer view
- Mentality to share and the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn about leadership, new technologies and concepts
- Fluent English to work in an international environment
- Experience in working with Continuous Integration systems ensuring software quality and allowing automatic releasing
- General experience within the e-commerce space (nice to have)
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.