This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We're excited to add a Global Customer Marketing Manager to our growing and dynamic team. The successful candidate will have a strong passion for understanding customers and how they are using disruptive technologies and they will be driven by the prospect of developing and cultivating relationships with practitioners and C-level Executives.
Do you take an organized, strategic, analytical and data-driven approach in order to map the right customers with the right message to the right opportunity, and track a set of goals to measure the effectiveness of your efforts? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
(Ideally you will be based in or close to Berlin or Munich in Germany. However, we can also consider candidates wishing to work remotely across Europe as well as those based in Durham, North Carolina).
- You will be responsible for partnering with global sales and marketing, customer success and product teams to proactively get a 360 degree view of our most strategic customers, including their project milestones and readiness to engage
- Identifying priority customers with strong stories, building and maintaining the relationship, ultimately delivering impactful assets such as case studies, speaker engagements/ events, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Designing, implementing and optimizing our customer marketing strategy together with the marketing and customer success team
- Collaborating closely with the customer success, product marketing and PR/ social media teams to ensure understanding of use case criteria and competitive differentiators that customers can highlight in advocacy opportunities
- Creating a comprehensive view of strategic customers by use case and vertical that enables us to do more proactive planning year round with priority customers
- Closely collaborating with the sales teams to support the global demand generation program
- Supporting the analyst relations department by providing references
- Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
- Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
- Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
What you need to succeed:
- You will have 8+ years experience in B2B customer marketing in a software or technology environment; preferably ecommerce and/or retail industry experience
- You will have a proven track record and valuable experience in building strong, lasting relationships with customers as well as internal and external stakeholders
- You are numbers-driven, analytical and can turn KPIs into engaging stories
- You stand out because of your strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Your working method is precise and structured
- You think entrepreneurially, dare to act and fail fast
- You have very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Aadditional languages (such as German, French and Spanish) are beneficial
- You bring excellent general communication and project management skills
We care about your Growth and Wellbeing
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse workspace with an open, international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.