By giving our customers and partners, some of which are Fortune Global 500 companies across all industries, the most flexible commerce platform, which is based on a Microservices, API-first, true cloud, and headless architecture (we call it the MACH architecture*), we are not only helping them maintain their competitive advantage but we are also changing the e-commerce platform market. Founded in Germany in 2010, our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In October 2019, with a $145M investment from global venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners, commercetools is in full gear going forward.
Based in either Melbourne or Sydney, we are looking for an accomplished, senior-level quota-carrying Account Executive to join our top-notch enterprise sales team. As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will be responsible for selling the API based commerce platform to B2B and B2C Enterprise and Upper Mid-Market clients.
You will work closely with current and prospective customers as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their business/commerce challenges and goals. You will consult and educate customers on a new approach for building a better commerce experience. You will contribute to our business growth in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment, as a valued member of our team.
About your new role
- You will be prospecting, qualifying, and developing a robust sales pipeline
- Communicating the value of commercetools' solutions to C-level executives and other senior enterprise decision-makers
- Conducting a thorough discovery and executing on the sales process to uncover the needs of large, enterprise companies
- Developing a strategic plan for your region to meet monthly, quarterly and annual bookings and revenue objectives
- Timely and accurate updating of Salesforce.com CRM, forecasts, and pipeline data to ensure the generation of accurate territory and management reports
- Working closely with our Partner Team and Partners directly to identify and work on opportunities
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years in commerce or a related direct application sales position
- High level of personal ambition and a collaborative approach to teamwork
- Excellent communication (interpersonal and presentation) and closing skills, with examples of having successfully applied these talents in previous sales roles
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail alongside the ability to prioritise multiple processes in a fast-paced environment
- A natural self-starter who is both independent yet team-oriented and with a structured way of working
- Solid understanding of sales performance metrics
- A driven individual with a sense of urgency to deliver
- Ability to develop and understand complex business processes/business models and embodies a consultative approach
- Very comfortable working remotely and able to create empathetic and meaningful relationships with stakeholders remotely
- Experience of Salesforce CRM, Hubspot, Google Suite, and a sales methodology such as MEDDICC
What we offer you: For each location, we have a tailored benefits package that aims at making our people’s time at and outside of work enjoyable. Check out the benefits for each office here.
This is how we work:
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with an impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge of your colleagues.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools is living a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If your job profile aligns with our technical requirements, business needs, and company culture, we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, learning ability, passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.