This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
Would you like to work with enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers in an agile, international environment with a modern tech stack (#FunctionalProgramming, #GraphQL, #Scala)? Are you thrilled by getting your hands on one of the most innovative, modern eCommerce platforms the world has seen? Does your heart beat Scala, do you love solving complex problems? Do you work with passion, love clean code and like to understand the big picture? Sounds like commercetools is the perfect match dealing with modern e-Commerce solutions built for high availability!
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the following countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, the United Kingdom.
Our Stores and Channels team enables multi-channel use cases that many of our international Enterprise customers share. They facilitate the segmentation of products, prices, and orders based on regions, stores or sales channels.
- Design and implement our PaaS eCommerce backend in Scala as well as our core infrastructure components like database mappings and REST/GraphQL APIs
- Design and develop a scalable and multi-tenant architecture
- Be involved in product discovery and discuss technical approaches
- Take responsibility for high software quality based on good test coverage, code reviews, and performance and load testing
- Have a direct impact on upcoming topics through closely collaborating with the Product Manager and giving feedback early – we are confident working on the right thing and we own it
- Thrive in a distributed team with flexible work hours, we trust each other to do the best work
- Spend regular tech-days on personal growth and learning and share your knowledge with the team
- Take part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
What you need to succeed:
- At least 2 years commercial experience or open-source experience as a Software Engineer working with Scala
- Commerce domain experience would be a big plus
- Insights in functional programming
- Good understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Good understanding of developing REST APIs and knowledge of scalable distributed architectures (incl. data modeling, sharding, replication, load balancing, and failover)
- Experience in continuous integration
- Fluent English for work in international teams
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies and concepts
Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.