This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US, and the Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140 million series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth. We are now valued at $1.9 billion, and have been named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
We are looking for support to improve our Merchant Center. The Discount Team is building the most exciting, usable, and advanced eCommerce UI for managing discounts in the market.
Our Front End Engineers are part of vertical teams working closely with Product Managers, UX/UI Designers and Back End Engineers. You will not only work within the respective domain but also contribute to the core of our product while engaging with our Open Source libraries where needed.
Even more important than your technical qualification: You want to join and learn from a skilled, agile team that believes in having fun, giving back to the community, and collaborating in an open, supportive environment! Sounds good? Here's a snapshot of our tech stack!
- Join one of our cross-disciplinary teams to work on one of our product’s core domains. There is a lot of exciting work ahead such as improving our Merchant Center adoption of our Design System, homogenising our testing strategy or extracting common components to be open sourced in our User Interface Kit, Application Kit or Community Kit.
- Be working collaboratively with a high degree of autonomy in a group of international peers on a rapidly growing product using cutting edge technologies.
- Work on a modern unified tech stack with the main components being Express, React, Apollo GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Jest, Cypress, react-testing-library (to name just a few).
- Collaborate and align efforts with UX/UI Designers, Product Managers, Backend engineers while engaging with customers.
- Utilize independent applications and feature toggles to deploy the applications of your team multiple times a day utilizing technologies such as Kubernetes, Prometheus and Sentry to observe release health.
- On top of working with a modern tech stack on interesting projects, commercetools offers a professional development budget and dedicated time to experiment with new technologies and ideas (known as Tech Time).
- We also encourage our engineers to attend and speak at conferences, providing assistance and support to get started on this matter.
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience in front end development
- Experience with web service APIs working with either REST, GraphQL or both
- The ability to weigh trade-offs through discussions working within a cross-functional team
- Ideally having been exposed to different methods of testing frontends through tools such as Cypress and react-testing-library
- Be able to speak English fluently to work in an international environment
- Strive for clean code and high standards for quality assurance such as code review, testing and code linting
- See value in maintainable software through various methods such as type checking paired with End-to-End and integration tests or visual regression testing
- Be an open-minded team player working in a humble cross-functional team while caring for our product and customers
- A mindset to continuously learn and actively improve our work environment and product
- Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
- Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
- Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
What can you expect?
As a member of our U.S. team of commercetoolers, we are proud to offer the following:
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Generous time off package including PTO, parental leave, company holidays, sick time, and volunteer time off
- Compensation benefits including 401K company match and an annual professional development stipend
- Opportunity to make an impact within commercetools and our community by joining our DE&I Committee, Engage the Change, or our Culture Committee
- Involvement in challenging and meaningful projects in a company with over 10 years of history
- Opportunity to work with a major technology leader and disruptor in the growing e-commerce space
- Great team of smart, hardworking, and fun team members who work with a mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility, and evolve together
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Working atmosphere where creativity and new ideas are encouraged
For Durham-based Roles
- Enjoy a flexible, hybrid working environment
- Newly updated modern office at the American Tobacco Campus in the heart of Downtown Durham
- Do you have a dog? We're a dog friendly office
- Kombucha on tap, coffee, tea, snacks, and catered lunches
- Semi-monthly team events
- Need a break? We have foosball, darts, ping pong, and a golf putting simulator
- Combination of individual work spaces and cozy meeting rooms
We believe that our diversity makes us a stronger team. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We hope to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!