This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US, and the Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140 million series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth. We are now valued at $1.9 billion, and have been named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
Our team is currently conceptualizing and building the most exciting, usable, and advanced eCommerce solution in the market. We are looking for an experienced colleague with a passion for technologies used by big players on an enterprise-level application. Even more important than your technical qualification: You want to join (and learn from) an equally skilled, agile, self-organized team that believes in having fun, giving back to the community, and collaborating in an open, supportive environment! Sound good? Here's a snapshot of our tech stack!
- Work in an organization split up into vertical teams allowing code and problem domain ownership
- Collaborate with our Developers and Product Managers to create test plans and write test cases that align with the development process
- Collaborate in all development phases (design, implementation, and delivery)
- Think creatively and help the Development team identify problems early in the development process
- Manually test product features to ensure quality product delivery
- Create automated test cases and test automation suites to increase test efficiency
- Write clear and effective defects and work with Developers and Product Management to ensure proper remediation
What you need to succeed:
- At least 3 years (ideally more) of testing experience with large scale applications
- Experience with automation best practices and development tools
- Experience testing APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience integrating test cases into a build chain involving Kubernetes and CI/CD tools like CircleCI or GitHub Actions
- Experience testing UIs, including testing with automation tools such as Cypress
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge sharing, the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies and concepts
- Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
- Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
- Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
What can you expect?
As a member of our U.S. team of commercetoolers, we are proud to offer the following:
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Generous time off package including PTO, parental leave, company holidays, sick time, and volunteer time off
- Compensation benefits including 401K company match and an annual professional development stipend
- Opportunity to make an impact within commercetools and our community by joining our DE&I Committee, Engage the Change, or our Culture Committee
- Involvement in challenging and meaningful projects in a company with over 10 years of history
- Opportunity to work with a major technology leader and disruptor in the growing e-commerce space
- Great team of smart, hardworking, and fun team members who work with a mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility, and evolve together
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Working atmosphere where creativity and new ideas are encouraged
For Durham-based Roles
- Enjoy a flexible, hybrid working environment
- Newly updated modern office at the American Tobacco Campus in the heart of Downtown Durham
- Do you have a dog? We're a dog friendly office
- Kombucha on tap, coffee, tea, snacks, and catered lunches
- Semi-monthly team events
- Need a break? We have foosball, darts, ping pong, and a golf putting simulator
- Combination of individual work spaces and cozy meeting rooms
We believe that our diversity makes us a stronger team. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We hope to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!