This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be the technical pillar of our sales team and support us in the distribution of our innovative eCommerce platform, primarily across the EMEA region. We are working with the leading brands in the eCommerce space and are disrupting the market.
You will be working closely with our partners and prospective customers, engaging with their technical decision-makers and making a strong business case for our solution, highlighting the ways in which it can meet our customers needs.
You will have a background in Software Engineering and a deep understanding of the eCommerce industry. You will be a confident and articulate communicator and be comfortable speaking with a variety of stakeholders including the tech team, CTOs and decision-makers of potential customers. We're very much looking forward to your application and your support to make our cloud-based API the world's leading eCommerce platform!
- You will be responsible for supporting the sales team with all technical questions
- You will be tasked with presenting commercetools' platform (architecture and functional scope) and participating in follow-up sales meetings to discuss and finalise technical questions with our customer's tech teams and/or CTOs
- Supporting our customers with the development of the overall architecture including other involved systems and the migration strategy
- Providing convincing, customer-specific answers in the technical part of Requests for Proposal/specifications
- Conception, implementation and presentation of our demo stores and customized sample solutions
- You will take a solutions-orientated approach to problem-solving with the aim of delivering high quality work
- You will develop a high-level technical understanding of and become an expert in the MACH (Micro-services, API first, Cloud Native, Headless) principles
What you need to succeed:
- 4+ years professional experience in technical consulting or management, as a Solutions Engineer or Solution Architect (ideally having worked within commerce/retail, eCommerce, ERP, Web CMS, PIM or other related area) and with a proven track record of success
- Strong practical software skills (regardless of whether these were developed via formal education, having been self-taught or having learnt "on the job")
- High tech affinity and a highly motivated approach to gaining knowledge, especially in the context of web, cloud and retail technologies
- A fundamental understanding of customer requirements and problems and "translating" them into product features and modern software architectures
- Native English fluency (any other language skills are a benefit)
- Excellent communication skills with a confidence engaging with a multitude of stakeholders (up to C-level)
- Team player with high self-motivation and a pronounced hands-on and “can do” mentality
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Fruit baskets and kicker tables were yesterday - check out our benefits here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse workspace with an open, international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
If you have any questions about this position, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Manager - Kat - via email: Kat.Excell@commercetools.com
🔍 Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.