By giving our customers and partners, some of which are Fortune Global 500 companies across all industries, the most flexible commerce platform, which is based on a Microservices, API-first, true cloud, and headless architecture (we call it the MACH architecture*), we are not only helping them maintain their competitive advantage but we are also changing the e-commerce platform market. Founded in Germany in 2010, our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In October 2019, with a $145M investment from global venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners, commercetools is in full gear going forward.
The amount of data collected in this world grows exponentially, and so do the business opportunities. The machine learning and data analytics teams at commercetools focus on generating business value from our data. This can mean making predictions with machine learning, enabling new use cases for our customers or building data-driven systems that make us more efficient. If you are an experienced product manager who is passionate about data, join our team! Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the following countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, the United Kingdom.
About your new role:
- Work with our cross-functional data teams including software engineers, data scientists and data engineers.
- Define goals aligned with the company strategy, and rally the team behind the vision.
- Collect feedback and requirements and compile them to a clearly defined backlog.
- Research the market and customer use cases to conceptualize and prioritize new machine learning features.
- Enable internal teams to make data-backed decisions.
- Be the primary communicator between internal or external stakeholders and the team.
Skills & Requirements:
- 2+ years of work experience as product manager (preferably in the domain of machine learning or analytics).
- A completed university degree or a similar qualification.
- Experience with agile methodologies for product development.
- Natural curiosity to solve problems with data and a solid understanding of the opportunities and challenges of machine learning.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and excellent English communication skills.
What we offer you: For each location, we have a tailored benefits package that aims at making our people’s time at and outside of work enjoyable. Check out the benefits for each office here.
This is how we work:
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with an impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge of your colleagues.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools is living a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If your job profile aligns with our technical requirements, business needs, and company culture, we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, learning ability, passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.