This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9 billion, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
You would like to work with enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers in an agile, international environment with a modern tech-stack (#Functionalprogramming, #GraphQL, #Scala)? Are you thrilled by getting your hands on one of the most innovative, modern eCommerce platforms the world has seen? Your heart beats Scala, you breath functional programming, you dream about solving complex problems? On top you work with passion, love clean code and like to understand the big picture? Sounds like commercetools is the perfect match! Modern E-Commerce solutions, built for high availability!
***Must be able to work EST hours***
- Design and implement our PaaS eCommerce backend in Scala as well as our core infrastructure components like database mappings and web service APIs for high availability e-commerce
- Analyse product requirements and discuss technical approaches
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality and performance and work closely with Product Management and DevOps
- Taking part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification and at least 4 years experience as Software Engineer + applied work experience in Scala
- Strong communication for work in international teams
- Deep insights in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Solid understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing REST APIs and knowledge of scalable architectures (incl. sharding, replication, load balancing and fail over)
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
- Great team player & nice colleague who enjoys our working & company culture
- Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
- Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
- Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
What can you expect?
As a member of our U.S. team of commercetoolers, we are proud to offer the following:
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and significant coverage towards dependents
- Generous time off package including PTO, parental leave, company holidays, sick time, and volunteer time off
- Compensation benefits including 401K company match and an annual professional development stipend
- Opportunity to make an impact within commercetools and our community by joining our DE&I Committee, Engage the Change, or our Culture Committee
- Involvement in challenging and meaningful projects in a company with over 10 years of history
- Opportunity to work with a major technology leader and disruptor in the growing e-commerce space
- Great team of smart, hardworking, and fun team members who work with a mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility, and evolve together
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Working atmosphere where creativity and new ideas are encouraged
For Durham-based Roles
- Enjoy a flexible, hybrid working environment
- Newly updated modern office at the American Tobacco Campus in the heart of Downtown Durham
- Do you have a dog? We're a dog friendly office
- Kombucha on tap, coffee, tea, snacks, and catered lunches
- Semi-monthly team events
- Need a break? We have foosball, darts, ping pong, and a golf putting simulator
- Combination of individual work spaces and cozy meeting rooms
We believe that our diversity makes us a stronger team. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We hope to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!