At CommerceIQ, we help consumer brands accelerate their retail ecommerce market share growth and profitability through machine learning algorithms. We are building the world’s most complete and sophisticated Retail Ecommerce Management Platform, which connects and intelligently automates the management of retail ecommerce channels like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart, across the entire ecommerce operational chain of retail media management, sales operations, supply chain, and digital self analytics.
We are in hyper growth mode, having recently raised our Series D funding at unicorn valuation (>$1B) and ended our third year of triple-digit revenue growth. Continued acceleration of our growth is fueled by landing new customers, expanding our platform through new products, managing new retail ecommerce platforms, and delivering exceptional customer service to unlock high net retention rates.
Only candidates in the Bay Area will be considered for this role. This role requires a hybrid schedule of 1-3 days in-office in Sunnyvale.
We’re actively seeking a Director, FP&A to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Strategy you will be a building block of the FP&A team and contribute to the successful management and growth of the organization. In this role you will lead financial planning and analysis activities, with an emphasis on partnering with senior leadership across the business on complex operational planning, forecasting, and modeling. You will develop and deliver recommendations to senior leadership and lead ad hoc projects in the spaces of finance and strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a strategic finance and planning partner to senior business leaders across GTM, product, engineering and more, building and reporting strategic finance plans to organizational leadership.
- Drive financial planning, forecasting, and analysis across complex operational decisions like product costing, cost reduction and margins, infrastructure cost optimization, and more.
- Develop financial frameworks to help drive strategic business decisions, provide insight into ROI on investment, and track progress against strategic goals.
- Lead monthly and quarterly reporting, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to senior leadership.
- Collaborate with various functional leaders to build financial forecasts and perform variance analysis.
- Provide financial modeling and analysis support to annual planning process and quarterly forecasts, including cash planning.
- Be a critical part of the Finance team in implementing a cloud-based accounting and financial planning solution.
- Work with growing Accounting team to create and implement process improvements in month-end close and management reporting
- Partner with operational specialists and build relationships within the business, helping to drive visibility and accountability across the business.
- Identify opportunities for improvement that will drive efficiencies in FP&A recurring processes.
- Assist with various ad-hoc requests and special projects.
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years relevant professional experience on a Finance team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience partnering with business leaders across GTM, product, engineering, and more to support and plan for business objectives, transformation, technical initiatives, people investment, and more.
- Experience in infrastructure cost planning and cost optimization.
- Expertise in Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel. Not just know how spreadsheet functions work, but how to build agile reporting based on data from a variety of sources.
- Expertise in financial modeling, with meticulous attention to detail. Ability to build financial models from scratch, ensuring the highest quality of work.
- Enjoy owning tasks from start to finish, turning data into information and distilling down to key insights.
- Experience with cloud-based planning tools, such as Hyperion Planning for Netsuite or Adaptive Insights.
- Experience navigating and building ad-hoc reporting in cloud-based accounting systems (NetSuite).
- Experience with a variety of business systems including Salesforce, HubSpot.
- Must work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Must possess business acumen, analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and develop trusted relationships across stakeholders, including at the executive level.
- Undergraduate degree required.
Nice to Haves:
- MBA and/or relevant certifications such as CMA, CFA preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly competitive pay, benefits, and early stage stock options
- Unlimited PTO and seven paid company holidays
- Work from home benefits including flex WFH hours and home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone, internet, and gym/fitness reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401K plan, FSA, and HSA programs
- Long-term and short-term disability
Help us build the future of ecommerce. Apply now or learn more at https://commerceiq.ai!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category prohibited by applicable law.