At CommerceIQ, we help consumer brands accelerate their retail ecommerce market share growth and profitably through machine learning and algorithms. We are building the world’s most complete and sophisticated Retail Ecommerce Management Platform, which connects and intelligently automates the management of retail ecommerce channels like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart, across the entire ecommerce operational chain of retail media management, sales operations, supply chain, and digital self analytics.
We are in hyper growth mode, having recently raised our Series D funding at unicorn valuation (>$1B) and ended our third year of triple-digit revenue growth. Continued acceleration of our growth is fueled by landing new customers, expanding our platform through new products, managing new retail ecommerce platforms, and delivering exceptional customer service to unlock high net retention rates.
About The Role
We’re looking to hire General Counsel to work across all CommerceIQ departments, transforming work inside the organization and for our customers. Reporting to the CFO, this role will:
- Be the strong voice of legal reason, practical business advice and judgment to our leadership team on all matters relating to risk, execution and growth.
- Work primarily with the Sales and Partner teams, negotiating a wide variety of SaaS agreements ranging from standard vendor agreements to complex, high-dollar value, enterprise MSAs.
- Assist Legal and other team members in managing all legal and compliance matters.
- Create high quality and timely legal advice, processes, and systems across the company—including working closely with outside counsel.
- Work with CIQ product teams, anticipating and resolving legal and IP issues, advising on feature development, geo-expansion and product evolution.
- M&A / Fundraising: Lead the legal process in any transaction ranging from initial deal identification to due diligence, negotiations, disclosures, contracts, deal closing and post integration support.
- Work cross-functionally across the business to mitigate legal risk, oversee risk management and scale best practices across the entire organization.
- Partner with our People Team on all matters related to people and labor laws. Support the People team on issues including benefits, compensation, payroll, HR compliance, remote work and other labor and employment issues.
- Build and manage the Company’s Compliance team and ensure that the Company is well positioned to understand and adhere to all relevant local, state, federal and international laws.
- Work cross-functionally across teams to help support company growth, product development and remove barriers to revenue growth by providing insightful legal counsel and building processes that will help scale the operations globally.
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- Past experience in a senior legal capacity in a software (preferable SaaS-based) Cloud, application or platform software company.
- 8+ years of combined legal experience at a law firm or in-house technology company.
- Must enjoy being continually challenged under tight deadlines while demonstrating sound judgment in the face of ambiguity.
- Varied transactional experience with superior drafting and negotiation skills
- Experience in the areas of labor and employment law, including drafting policies, guidelines, and agreements.
- Familiarity with IT/technology transactions or enterprise sales transactions preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with IP rights, including copyrights, patent, trademarks, HIPAA, GDPR and privacy regulations a plus.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, and written communications skills.
- Passion for teamwork and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Experience managing complex projects while demonstrating exceptional business judgment and building relationships with executive teams.
- Customer service oriented with a strong sense of humor, unquestioned ethics, and the highest level of integrity.
- Experience working in a demanding, fast-paced, high volume transaction environment and prioritizing appropriately.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an ability to both delve into details and engage meaningfully on overall strategy.
CommerceIQ provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CommerceIQ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.