VP of Engineering - Applications
CommerceIQ is a Series C funded rapid growth stage start-up that helps consumer brands grow their business on e-commerce channels (like Amazon, Walmart) using advanced algorithms and machine learning technology. We help consumer brands win shoppers at the moment of purchase by algorithmically managing supply chain, demand forecasting, promotions and advertising spend, fraud listing detection, content optimization and other aspects that help shoppers make online purchase decisions.
In 2020, CoVid 19 affected every business, few positively and many negatively. However, E-commerce adoption has gone through the roof and we have seen e-commerce spend grow from 15% to 25% of retail spend in just 8 weeks! (Compare this to a decade that it took to grow e-commerce adoption from 5 to 15%). This put us in a unique situation and provided a huge opportunity for us to help brands grow significantly on e-commerce channels.
On the back of strong product-market fit and a change in human behaviour due to CoVid that buoyed e-commerce, we tripled our revenue consecutively in 2019 and 2020. More than 50 consumer brands use our product to drive e-commerce growth. Our customers include named brands like Bayer Healthcare, J&J, Nestle, Hamilton Beach, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Kellogg, Kimberly Clark, Colgate, Mars, Inc. and many others.
Our focus in 2021 is to heavily invest in our engineering, product and customer success capability to bolster our product, make our customers successful and establish ourselves as a market leader in this rapidly growing market!
VP of Engineering Profile:
Top consumer brands like Nestle, Kimberly Clark, Natures Bounty, Johnson & Johnson, Mondelez, Kellogg to name a few rely on CommerceIQ suite of products to make efficient business decisions on a daily basis. As VP of Engineering - Applications you will be responsible for hiring and building a high performance team that embodies our leadership principles, executing with timely and high quality delivery of product development, driving innovation and engineering excellence across your teams.
In this role, you will lead a cross-functional team of Engineering Managers, Quality Assurance Managers (QAM), Software Development Engineers (SDEs) and Software Development Engineers in Test (SDE-T). As a leader, you will play a crucial role in building the culture, motivating the team and bringing the best practices across all of these functional areas to ensure that the software we build and the technical processes we implement are quantifiable with respect to quality and always deliver the best for our customers.
The successful candidate will be passionate about building a great organization, obsessed with innovation, relentlessly raise the bar on the quality of what we deliver, work with product management to define and influence the product roadmap, manage a fast-paced delivery schedule and influence and drive a high-level tech strategy with the leadership, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
Our product suite covers the entire lifecycle of e-commerce optimization including CommerceIQ Sales, Advertising and other upcoming products. This role will have you lead an engineering team to build CIQ suite of products driving a profound impact on how consumer brands sell and optimize their e-commerce presence and help drive millions of dollars in ROI. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver complex products, are deeply technical, highly innovative, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, this role is for you. Come help us build an automated e-commerce optimization suite of products!
- Hire, manage and grow a team of engineers, engineering managers, quality managers.
- Build your organization culture that embodies CIQ core values and manage an engineering excellence organization across the SDLC life cycle that develops CIQ products suite with quality and speed and is known for impeccable delivery.
- Mentor and guide the engineering team on engineering excellence best practices and own architecting our services for scale.
- Work with the product management team to influence and define the quarterly product roadmap, create an engineering delivery plan and execute it as per the plan.
- Drive innovation within the team to bring engineering driven products that creates differentiators for us in the market.
- Work with the leadership team to create a forward looking and ambitious tech strategy and influence product and business strategy. Own and deliver the tech strategy as per plan.
What you need to succeed
- 15+ years experience in building, delivering and scaling high quality cloud-based software products.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills - exhibited throughout the career
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Strong business and technical vision
- 5+ years of people management and growing a team.
- Prior experience in managing software engineering teams to launch SaaS products (B2B or B2C) that have seen scale is a must
- B.E/BTech/MS from a Tier 1 college (IITs / IIITs / RECs)
- Embodies CIQ’s Leadership Principles: Customer Obsession, Think Big, take bets and innovate, Win as a team, Take Ownership and deliver results, Dive Deep, Bias for Action, Hire and Develop the Best, Learn and be Curious