Lead Data Scientist @CommerceIQ
At CommerceIQ, we are building the world’s most sophisticated E-commerce Channel Optimization software to help brands leverage Machine Learning, Analytics and Automation to grow their E-commerce business on all channels, globally.
CommerceIQ has been adopted by leading consumer brands accounting for billions of dollars in ecommerce sales and marketing spend. These brands rely on CommerceIQ’s machine-based commerce technology and business processes, which are purpose-built to tune ecommerce algorithms, collaborate and share data-driven insights in real-time in response to changing variables across hundreds of products on leading retail sites. Using CommerceIQ as a single source of truth, customers have driven 40% increase in incremental sales, 20% improvement in profitability and 32% reduction in out of stock rates on Amazon.
At the back of strong product-market fit and a change in human behaviour due to CoVid that buoyed e-commerce, we tripled our revenue consecutively in 2019 and 2020. More than 50 consumer brands use our product to drive e-commerce growth. Our customers include named brands like Bayer Healthcare, J&J, Nestle, Hamilton Beach, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Kellogg, Kimberly Clark, Colgate, Mars, Inc. and many others. We help consumer brands sell better across all online e-commerce channels like Amazon, Walmart, Target by leveraging machine learning, analytics and automation in all aspects of Supply Chain, Pricing, Promotions, Advertising, Forecasting, Search optimisation and Content optimisation.
Our focus in 2021 is to heavily invest in our data sciences, engineering and product capability to make our customers successful, create industry level differentiators and establish ourselves as a market leader in this rapidly growing market!
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will work closely with Engineering/Product/Operations teams to build state-of-the-art ML based solutions for B2B SaaS products. This entails not only leveraging advanced techniques for predictions, time-series forecasting, topic modelling, optimisation but deep understanding of business and product too.
- Apply excellent problem solving skills to deconstruct and formulate solutions from first-principles
- Work on data science roadmap and build the core engine of our flagship CommerceIQ product
- Collaborate with product and engineering to design product strategy, identify key metrics to drive and support with proof of concept
- Perform rapid prototyping of experimental solutions and develop robust, sustainable and scalable production systems
- Work with large scale ecommerce data of the biggest brands on amazon
- Apply out-of-the-box, advanced algorithms to complex problems in real-time systems
- Drive productization of techniques to be made available to a wide range of customers
- You would be working with and mentoring fellow team members on the owned charter
What we are looking for -
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Computer Science or Maths/Stats from a reputed college with 6+ years of experience in solving data science problems that have driven value to customers
- Good depth and breadth in machine learning (theory and practice), optimization methods, data mining, statistics and linear algebra. Experience in NLP would be an advantage
- Hands-on programming skills and ability to write modular and scalable code in Python/R. Knowledge of SQL is required
- Familiarity with distributed computing architecture like Spark, Map-Reduce paradigm and Hadoop will be an added advantage
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, able to explain complex ideas in a simple, intuitive manner, write/maintain good technical documentation on projects
- Experience with building ML data products in an engineering organization interfacing with other teams and departments to deliver impact
- We are looking for candidates who are curious and self-starters; obsess over customer problems to deliver maximum value to them.
Why you will love to work with us -
We have multiple brands, which are among the biggest brands operating on amazon, as our customers. You will be responsible for working with their data and developing models and algorithms to drive lift in tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- We have a flat hierarchy. Everyone codes, everyone ships
- You will own projects end to end i.e., from exploration to final production
- You will be empowered to make decisions. It implies more responsibilities but high learning
- Immense opportunities to learn and develop ML based SaaS products for brands and get company-wide recognition
- Forget endless meetings. Get things done and start making an impact from day 1
- Work hard, have amazing fun, create history, build the future of eCommerce
Start-up environment with a strong culture and values to accelerate your career
- Customer Obsession
- Take Ownership & Deliver Results
- Bias for Action
- Dive Deep
- Curiosity & Self-Learning
- Hire & Develop the Best
- Win as a Team
- Think Big, Take Bets, and Innovate