CommerceIQ is a well-funded, Series B growth start-up with a vision of using machine learning and automation to help the world’s top Brands plan, manage and grow their e-Commerce revenues profitably on all channels, globally. Today, CommerceIQ’s machine learning and automation SaaS platform is used by the largest consumer brands to win at the moment of purchase by automatically responding in real-time to changing variables across hundreds of their SKUs on Amazon. The platform coordinates efforts and manages interdependencies for multiple variables, tuning Amazon’s algorithms to optimize the entire demand generation and fulfillment cycle.
In 2019, CommerceIQ doubled the size of its customer base and achieved 300% growth in annual recurring revenue (ARR) in 2019. CommerceIq’s customers account for more than $3B in annual Amazon sales and rely on the company’s machine learning and automation technology to power their Amazon business. It’s customers include name brands like Bayer Healthcare, Hamilton Beach, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Kellogg, Kimberly Clark, Mars, Inc. and 3 of the top-5 Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Companies in the U.S. CommerceIQ’s customers have reduced out of stock rates by up to 32%, increased conversion rates by at least +15%, and generated on average a +12% incremental sales lift in the first quarter after launching CommerceIQ™
Sales Development Representative Profile:
Fueled by our rapid growth and market opportunity, CommerceIQ is seeking a Sales Development Representative (“SDR”) to help drive pipeline and company revenues.
The goal of the SDR at CommerceIQ is to help identify potential prospects, develop account plans for the prospects, get in the door and qualify the prospect, and then transition to a supporting role helping the account executive to close the deal.
To do this successfully, an SDR works collaboratively with several other departments. First, the SDRs are closely connected to Marketing, offering guidance on market demands and nuances, developing segmentations and coordinating on various demand generation activities. Second, because the SDR is calling in to the accounts and creating most prospects’ first impression of CommerceIQ, the SDR gathers feedback from the marketplace that Product Marketing can use to help inform various marketing assets, as well as identifying marketing needs that are unmet. For this reason, the SDR helps to influence Product Marketing’s priorities every two weeks during the Sales/ Marketing syncs. Third, this feedback from the market is also information the Product Team can benefit from, so documenting and quantifying various market and product feedback is critical to improving the CIQ platform. Fourth, and lastly, the SDR also works closely with the AEs to help support the AE in their pursuit of closing the deal.
Because the SDR is able to inform so many different departments at CIQ it is expected that the SDR is capable of organizing all of their feedback and be a strong communicator internally to help support the greater goal of building a great company.
Role Expectations- An SDR will:
- Drive pipeline creation of net new opportunities
- Develop and execute on various outbound sales activities
- Cold calling/ Cold emailing
- Driving attendance to various CIQ events
- Creation of email cadences
- LinkedIn campaigns
- Other initiatives as they surface
- Generate Account Opportunity frameworks and fill out as completely as possible
- Conduct initial phone or Zoom meetings with prospect to learn more about their business and challenges, and then qualify the prospect in our out
- Be proficient in the CIQ platform such that you are able to perform mini product demos as needed
- Support AEs in day-to-day sales efforts
- Record all activity in CRM (Salesforce)
- Document learnings from the field and collaborate with all relevant teams (marketing, product, sales)
Must-Have Qualifications and Experience:
- Track record of being able to generate pipeline
- Minimum 3 years of sales development or similar experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Experience with Salesforce and Outreach.io
- Self motivated - must be able to work with minimal oversight
- Real grit - able to maintain positive attitude in the face of rejection
- Creativity - able to figure out a way to get in the door, and find business challenges
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments (we’re a startup! we need people who understand what working at a startup means)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new business concepts
- Able to go beyond the script and do good discovery with the prospect. Ex: able to have a meaningful business discussion with Fortune 500 companies
Nice to Have:
- Strong familiarity with Amazon and ecommerce; for example, understands the difference between AVC and ASC
- Experience with Outreach and other sales enablement toolings
Embodies CIQ’s Leadership Principles which borrow heavily from Amazon: Customer Obsession, Ownership, Think Big, Dive Deep, Deliver Results, Bias for Action, Invent and Simplify, Earns Trust, Hire and Develop the Best, Learn and Be Curious, Have Backbone: Disagree and Commit.
Do you want to craft the future of e-commerce? For a confidential discussion APPLY NOW or you can learn more at https://commerceiq.ai
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.