Location: Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA
Company Background: CommerceIQ is a well-funded, Series B growth start-up with a vision of using machine learning and automation to help the world’s top Brands plan, manage and grow their e-Commerce revenues profitably on all channels, globally. Today, CommerceIQ’s machine learning and automation SaaS platform is used by the largest consumer brands to win at the moment of purchase by automatically responding in real-time to changing variables across hundreds of their SKUs on Amazon. The platform coordinates efforts and manages interdependencies for multiple variables, tuning Amazon’s algorithms to optimize the entire demand generation and fulfillment cycle.
In 2019, CommerceIQ doubled the size of its customer base and achieved 300% growth in annual recurring revenue (ARR) in 2019. CommerceIq’s customers account for more than $3B in annual Amazon sales and rely on the company’s machine learning and automation technology to power their Amazon business. It’s customers include name brands like Bayer Healthcare, Hamilton Beach, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Kellogg, Kimberly Clark, Mars, Inc. and 3 of the top-5 Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Companies in the U.S. CommerceIQ’s customers have reduced out of stock rates by up to 32%, increased conversion rates by at least +15%, and generated on average a +12% incremental sales lift in the first quarter after launching CommerceIQ™.
Vice President of Customer Success Profile:
Fueled by our customer and business growth, we’re now looking for a seasoned VP of Customer Success to own, run, and grow our customer success team headquartered out of Seattle, but spread geographically across the US to ensure a fantastic experience for all of our partner brands.
The goal of the Customer Success team at CommerceIQ is, simply, to help our customers achieve profitable revenue growth using our platform. They do so by onboarding the customers successfully, training the practitioners on the solution, partnering with executive sponsors on developing joint success plans (JSP), and then partnering with the operating teams to implement known strategies while identifying new opportunities to achieve the JSP goals. Since we partner with E-commerce sales and marketing operations teams on growing their Amazon business, the Customer Success team needs to be adept at understanding the customer’s business priorities and being able to map the product capabilities of CommerceIQ and the Amazon E-Commerce platform. To delight our customers, the team may also bring in professional services individuals to assist with additional strategy consulting projects beyond the capabilities of the technology platform.
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the company, the VP of CS will be a hands-on champion of customer experience while developing premier teams with the goal of helping our customers win.
Role Expectations: The VP Customer Success will:
- Build strong relationships with C-level, VP and Director level customer executives responsible for E-Commerce business in top consumer brands, and become a trusted advisor to customers on their high-value business problems.
- Build, grow, and lead multiple A+ teams including onboarding, engagement management, analysts and technical support/escalation management.
- Develop the playbooks and processes to delight customers in a repeatable and scalable way
- Define the metrics and success criteria for the function, and own outcomes including business value generation for our customers and increased adoption and usage, while supporting renewals and upsells at our customers.
- Be an evangelist for CommerceIQ within customer organizations and industry events.
- Create a customer success culture by aligning with all functions at CommerceIQ to ensure customer needs are being heard and prioritized.
- Create and manage end-end professional services P&L to help strengthen strategic relationships with customers.
Must Have Qualifications and Experience:
- 15+ years experience in sales, customer success management or professional services in Enterprise B2B technology solution or professional services companies.
- Track record of establishing strategic relationships with VP+ levels at enterprise companies.
- Growth experience and familiarity with land and expand the strategy to increase the lifetime value of customers.
- Worked in early-stage companies that have experienced aggressive customer and revenue growth, from sub-$10M ARR to $50M ARR.
- Strong team builder, with 5+ years proven success hiring, training and retaining a world-class team.
- Be technology-oriented, leveraging technology solutions and platforms to run their function.
- Be a coach-player, with a roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic, comfortable with the ambiguity of working in a fast-paced growth environment.
- A real passion for technology, perhaps including experience influencing SaaS product roadmap, and the desire to be a customer success leader within a SaaS company
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with running the e-commerce business within major consumer brands, or having led a significant consumer brand portfolio in an e-commerce company (ie. Amazon) or well-respected agency managing Amazon marketing budget (AMS, AMG, AAP, etc)
- Embodies CIQ’s Leadership Principles which borrow heavily from Amazon: Customer Obsession, Ownership, Think Big, Dive Deep, Deliver Results, Bias for Action, Invent and Simplify, Earns Trust, Hire and Develop the Best, Learn and Be Curious, Have Backbone: Disagree and Commit.
Do you want to craft the future of e-commerce? For a confidential discussion APPLY NOW or you can learn more at https://commerceiq.ai
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.