Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
ChannelAdvisor is looking for an engineer interested in modern software development to join our Platform Engineering Organization. Our platform-focused team takes pride in building for scale and reliability. In this role, you will be involved in the complete lifecycle of the cross cutting services that all of our product teams leverage, from design, commit, test, deployment, and monitoring. Our services power the core of the CommerceHub network and are crucial to the business's success. Working with others in the organization, you will help develop and influence operational tooling, best practices, and standards that empower the engineering organization and help ensure CommerceHub's effective and efficient operations. The ability to build over existing software products and work with them is essential in this role as we improve and modernize our tech stack. We seek an individual who thrives when working in various tech stacks, loves problem solving and ensures the best possible outcomes for our customers. We also aim to enable our internal and external users to succeed by providing highly available, fault-tolerant systems and self-service tooling.
- You are passionate about software development, operations and stay current with industry trends; you want to influence continuous improvement.
- You are highly motivated, and quality focused.
- You relish solving problems, hunting down bugs, and determining root causes.
- You can analyze and explore quantitative data, then communicate your conclusions.
- You have experience troubleshooting and debugging complex, distributed applications.
- Automate away toil while building autonomous systems.
- Design greenfield projects while modernizing existing applications.
- Learn about new technologies and trail blaze for the organization.
- Design, implement, and maintain application tools.
- Use application metrics to inform decisions.
- Assess and enhance our services' performance, availability, durability, and throughput.
- Independently recognize problems, suggest solutions, and drive them to completion.
- Infrastructure-as-code all the things; improve the maintainability of our platform through automation and modernization.
- Incident and problem management; troubleshooting, debugging, and root cause analysis.
- Participate in the rotating on-call schedule. Ensure that user emergencies, platform alerts, and support requests are addressed.
- Assist other members of the team and all software engineers in a highly collaborative and Agile environment.
- The ability to design, build, fix, migrate, optimize and allocate capacity to AWS Cloud Infrastructure in order to ensure that resilient applications are built.
- 5+ years' experience related to Site Reliability, DevOps, or Platform Engineer working in high-availability AWS environments.
- Experience building over existing software products and working with them
- Scripting experience with SQL, Python, Bash, Powershell, or Groovy
- AWS Experience with services such as Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, EC2, EKS, ECS, EFS, FSX for Windows, Route53, or OpenSearch
- Prior experience with Infrastructure as Code and DevOps tools: CDK, Cloudformation, Terraform, GitLab-CI, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Datadog, Ansible, or Kubernetes
- Strong systems engineering skills, particularly in Linux and containerized environments.
- Experience designing both applications and their infrastructure.
- Independently prioritize issues and self-manage a dynamic workload.
- Fundamental understanding of CAP Theorem.
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Enhanced Private Medical Insurance and a Health Cash Back Plan
- Competitive time off package with 25 Days of PTO, 9 Holidays, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.