Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the world’s leading retailers and brands to extend their retail and ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, and with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands and suppliers connect to customers and meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, and we’re looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
CommerceHub is seeking a senior .NET engineer with substantial expertise in AWS managed services development (Lambda, Kinesis, SQS, Step Functions, DynamoDB, etc.) to join our DemandStream team. A Senior Software Engineer on our team has a broad skillset, and experiences that span multiple technologies and industries. Bringing familiarity with a diversity of tech stacks and domains, this person works strongly in a team environment and communicates effectively. This individual can quickly get up to speed on a team and provide technical assistance and direction wherever needed. This may take the form of providing architectural guidance on new efforts, mentoring teammates, solving difficult problems, and acting wherever needed to keep the team unblocked and working in the right direction.
Their code is refined and reflects industry best practices. They can take loosely defined work and solicit clearer requirements with a definite scope to execute against. Occasionally this solicitation process includes minimalistic implementations to demonstrate potential directions for the project.
Senior Software Engineers have the expertise to avert problems and recognize pitfalls early in planning. When issues occur, they are able to fully analyze the cause and suggest ways to improve in the future. Our Senior Software Engineers always aim for improvement both in processes, code quality, and team training.
- Evangelize cloud adoption within the organization
- Provide consultation, guidance, and support across existing and emerging cloud technologies
- Design highly resilient and available cloud architectures using proven cloud frameworks and tools
- Adopt and determine reference architectures and implementations using cloud technologies
- Provide oversight on cloud adoption and usage
- Solve complex technical issues involving multiple technology stacks
- Provide documentation and training to other Engineering stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree, or higher, in Computer Science or related field
- At least 6 years related professional experience
- Deep experience designing / coding data-intensive applications using C#
- Mastery of T-SQL, stored procedures, performance tuning, etc.
- Preferred AWS certifications
- Experience in containerization and management tools such as ECS, EKS, Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience with common AWS services such as Lambda, SNS, SQS, EC2
- Experience with event-driven architecture in AWS managed services
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, desired state processes, tools, and constraints
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with keen attention to detail
What it’s like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth and transformation and we’re doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a cliché. We’ve built balance into our culture and it’s at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate and make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard and respect both personal and professional boundaries, knowing that we’re at our best when we’re intentional about how and where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work and an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary and company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, and a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture and supplies
- Culture and team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.