Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places, and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!) and continue to expand to our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including desk/room booking, lighting control and tenant feedback. We create amazing workplace experiences through a consumer-facing app for employees and solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone — from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the role
As a Customer Success Manager, you will lead our company in taking a ‘customer first’ mindset and help us prioritize customer success in everything we do. As an Enterprise CSM you will work to drive the most value and the best experience out of the Comfy application for the key enterprise accounts you are assigned to, and guide them through their pre-sales, implementation, and post-sale journey ensuring that the voice of customer is represented internally at all phases.
- Business Acumen
- Own relationships with our key enterprise accounts at a global level and spearhead customer onboarding, change management, adoption, retention, and additional value creation.
- Participate in all aspects of the pre- and post-sale lifecycle to establish meaningful relationships with our customers and build an in depth understanding of their specific use cases and goals.
- Leverage your excellent presentation skills and strategic thinking to lead Quarterly Business Reviews with key customer stakeholders that highlight successes, incremental progress toward goals, opportunities for improvement/increased adoption, discuss critical obstacles, and gather important customer feedback.
- Measure your success, by driving towards OKRs and reporting operational metrics for each of your responsibilities.
- Grow customer advocates that lead to case studies, references, and ultimately renewals and expansion.
- Identify untapped potential in your accounts leveraging your unique relationships and customer centric perspective to create leads for the sales team.
- Customer Advocacy
- Work closely and programmatically with our Product and Engineering teams to ensure that the voice of the customer is clearly and deeply considered in our product roadmap, and that the business impacts of customer requests are clearly articulated to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is heard during all critical milestones of the customer lifecycle and considered by Comfy pre-sales, delivery, and support teams.
- Create standardized documentation of unique customer use cases to ensure internal alignment on customer deployment, support, and future opportunities.
- Work with our clients to learn and understand their current workflows and seek out and nurture relationships with key stakeholders at different deployments.
- Track escalated technical and operational issues maintaining continuous communication with clients through resolution and rallying internal stakeholders when necessary to drive resolution.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, sales, and marketing to implement programs, best practices, and processes to improve deployment, expansion, and retention.
- Technical Aptitude
- Build your subject matter expertise around the Comfy application and Comfy‘s partner ecosystem in order to best advise customers and internal teams on how to acheive a customer’s unique success criteria.
- Effectively communicate technical customer asks and escalations to our product engineering and support teams.
- Ensure a smooth customer experience by understanding the full customer solution including how the application integrates with third party devices and systems via API integrations, and BACnet integrations.
- At least 5+ years of customer facing experience: Customer Success, Consulting, Sales, Solutions/Sales Engineering, or related field. Alternatively, 2+ years of similar related experience with an MBA.
- At least a four-year degree in higher education.
- You are obsessive about delivering a world class customer experience.
- You have experience working for companies that sell IoT, and/or SaaS products and/or experience working with products integrating with third-party data and IoT devices.
- You have experience working with enterprise customers on large scale rollouts with a proven track record of success.
- You have proven experience of engaging and influencing C Level executives.
- You have proven global program management and organizational skills.
- You excel at setting/managing expectations and goal setting with customers throughout the customer journey.
- You have knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM tools, SaaS & general programming methodologies and software architecture.
- You can comfortably work with and provide feedback to technical and non-technical team members.
- You have outstanding written and oral communication skills – you will frequently be writing and presenting materials directly to our clients.
- You are an analytical and data driven decision maker with a strong ability to collaborate across teams.
- Passionate, entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% to meet with customers.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Mixpanel, Tableau, Gainsight, and/or Planhat
- You have experience working in the Corporate Real Estate or CRE Tech / SaaS industries
- You have a PMP certification or similar
- You have experience in basic networking and security concepts such as DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS as well as practical knowledge such as reverse proxy, load balancer, and firewall configurations